Monday, August 3, 2009

Here we go...

Well, I suppose now is as good a time as any to get this train movin'. Let me begin by telling you a little bit about me: My name is Chris and I am a photographer. I love taking pictures. Photographs allow us to capture moments that are so fleeting, freezing them so they can be enjoyed for years to come. I have loved photographs for as long as I can remember, being taken in by the stories they tell and the history they hold; however, I have only begun taking photographs in the last year. I find myself looking at the world around me differently now than I ever have, looking for the perfect photo opportunity in every situation.

The majority of my attention has been on children, capturing them in their natural environments and doing the things they enjoy most. Taking photos of kids in a studio, posed, is such a hard concept for me to grasp. My children aren't anything like those posed children you see in portraits...are yours? My desire is to capture memories of our kids that are an accurate representation of who they really are and who we want to remember them as. I'm not quite sure where this path will lead me, but I look forward to the trip and taking some great photos along the way! I hope you'll join me as I learn, make many mistakes and hopefully grow into the photographer I would like to be.

I hope you enjoy a few of my favorites, just to give you a little idea of the style of photography I enjoy most:






1 Comments:

Blogger Bethany Larie said...

fabulous

August 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home